Failed dependencies


error: Failed dependencies: libXm.so.2 is needed by RealPlayer9-9.0.7.151-4

Clearly I had not taken enough abuse from the RealPlayer. This is a common error from the RedHat Package Manager (RPM). I found a package to install, but alas something is missing. Not too bad an error, as it makes it pretty clear I need to find the missing ‘libXm.so.2’ somewhere. Usually this kind of thing can be remedied at rpmfind.net.


One response to “Failed dependencies”

  1. At last, satifaction. I installed first openmotif21-2.1.30-8.i386.rpm, then RealPlayer9-9.0.7.151-4.i386.rpm, and at last it runs without errors. Of course, I’ve been around long enough to know that doesn’t mean it works…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.