Thu, 29 May 2003

Gear: The Ozark Trail Screenhouse

Filed under:  — cyberhobo at 10:18 pm

Need instructions? If you have the 13′x10′ model, your prayers are answered! Here is a PDF of the owner’s manual. Commenters report good service by calling 1-800-775-1965 for other models. Commenters have also, in the spirit of empiricism and reverse engineering, written their own instructions for the 14′ x 12′ and the 10′ x 13′ (same as 13×10?).

This seems to be a widespread problem. Since you don’t need to leave a comment begging for instructions, how about leaving one with your location instead? We’ll see how many screenhouses across the country we can rescue. You don’t even have to bother reading the following review, whose purpose in life has become feeding the search engines and getting you here to end your desperate plight in the face of that pile of little white tubes…

thumbnail

Now and then I walk into a store, it tends to be named ___Mart, and buy something I know is going to bring nothing but grief and heartbreak. But I hope it won’t. Yes, I know it will, so what gives? Is it plain stupidity? A Pavlovian reaction to super-size doses of advertising? Greed, optimism, stinginess, and materialistic guilt thrashing together in a dance of futility that leads straight to the checkout counter? To make matters worse, sometimes I’m so ashamed of the purchase that I can’t even bring myself to return it.

So far this sounds like a poor review, so let me say that, as the picture shows, the product did eventually reach a state of functionality of sorts. I know there is more grief and heartbreak in my future, but hey, I’m using it.

One mad idea often begets another, and that is how this $34.95 purchase came about. As I’ve mentioned elsewhere in the blog, I’m getting married in Joshua Tree on August 2nd, outdoors. It occurred to me that if I insist on inviting people into a blazing Mojave inferno in the height of the summer it would be polite to provide some shade. Shade can be a matter of survival there if you’re outside at midday. So the idea was born. Then I started having other wild fantasies, like effectively adding a room to the desert shack where I live by erecting the shadehouse in the backyard. Hope. Optimism. Greed. Stinginess.

When I got the thing home and deboxed it, the reality began to set in. Dozens of two-foot sections of pipe spilled onto the floor with stickers labeling them ’1B’, ’4′, or ’2B’. Or not 2B. Childhood memories of failures with Tinker Toys came flooding back. But, with determined hope, I began to wade through the instructions.

This is one of those products where the instructions are basically a complete fantasy. They make one false unstated assumption after another. And even then, they’re not simple. What you wind up with is a web of pipes and plastic pieces that falls apart at one end as you assemble the other. Then the instructions start to get really funny. ‘Insert the leg poles into the hubs to raise the screenhouse frame’ got the first laugh. The “frame” barely stayed together on the ground. Any attempt to lift a corner and insert a leg pole resulted in pipes flying everywhere. I thought of resorting to duct tape, but since I had none handy, with great finesse I managed to lift each corner one pipe segment at a time. Some middle sections fell out but I had a standing frame of sorts, swaying and wobbling. Then came the real punchline.

‘Drape the screenhouse body over the frames.’ I thought I had never read a more ludicrous suggestion. Drape the body. HA! Not only was the frame more than a little unstable, the body is BIG, and HEAVY. Where would you start draping? At a corner? No way, the thing would explode. The only slight possibility was starting from the inside, in the middle. With great trepidation and many prayers I managed to do some draping. I had to take some pieces out to drape from the middle, hold everything together, drape, and put them back underneath the canvas. I could hardly believe it when I had the entire thing draped. Victory!

The rest of the process was funny too, with wimpy frizzy guylines, and inexplicable bits of plastic that are supposed to tighten them. I had to use every knot I’ve learned from rock climbing. But it went up. It’s pretty nice. There’s shade, and fewer bugs than outside the screenhouse. I do have some reservations left, though. I wonder what will happen when the wind comes. Will I come home and just find the screenhouse gone, or will I see it blowing around in the street, trailing pipe segments? What about the rain, or the potential for 120-degree heat? We’ll see. For the moment, my dream of an extra room in the back yard has come true. Wish me luck putting it up at the wedding.

174 Comments »

1. We purchased this screen tent and put it toether easily “with” the instructions. Unfortunatley, the instructions were ruined and we can’t read them anymore. Does any one have the instructions that they could e-mail us? We sure would like to get more use out of our screen room. Thanks

Comment by The Ellers — Wed, 23 Jul 2003 @ 04:58 pm

2. hey, if it was so easy, why do you need instructions?

Comment by foto slut — Thu, 24 Jul 2003 @ 11:15 am

3. commentim looking for instructions forthe ozark trail 13ft screenhouse

john davis

Comment by namejohn — Tue, 19 Aug 2003 @ 04:33 pm

4. if you received instructions please forward them to me.

Comment by sandi — Sun, 31 Aug 2003 @ 04:18 pm

5. This is becoming entertaining! I, the author of this review which has long held the #1 ranked answer on google to a search for ‘Ozark Trail Screenhouse’, have lost my instructions as well. If anybody EVER manages to construct the thing WITHOUT instructions, please tell us! I will notify the Guiness book editors.

Comment by cyberhobo — Tue, 02 Sep 2003 @ 07:34 am

6. Just here to let you know that last night we lost the instructions for our Ozark Trail Screenhouse and some how by the good graces of God himself we got it put together. Alright for us.

Comment by Daren miller — Sun, 02 Nov 2003 @ 03:23 pm

7. OK I JUST GOT THIS THING SECOND HAND AND NO INSTRUCTIONS CAN ANYONE HELP

Comment by TOM — Sat, 06 Dec 2003 @ 01:31 pm

8. Would you believe the dog ate my instructions.Been trying to figure this dammmmm gig saw puzzle out for a couple of days now. If any one has the instructions for the 14 by 12 screen house please send them to meeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Thank You.

Comment by Shane Herzog — Tue, 06 Jan 2004 @ 07:08 am

9. Alright surfers, yer in luck! I’ve found my instructions, and taken this picture of them for you. It’s a big picture, 343K, to allow it to be read. Don’t mind the glare, it’s all there!

Comment by cyberhobo — Sun, 25 Jan 2004 @ 07:54 pm

10. REAL MEN DON T NEED INSTRUCTIONS. I LEFT THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE BOX,STILL ONLY TOOK TEN MINUTES.IT IS PRETTY SIMPLE.

Comment by LARRY WILLIAMS — Fri, 27 Feb 2004 @ 11:58 am

11. I bought the exact model screenhouse last
    year after the season. The instructions had
    gotten wet and were stuck together. We
    managed to get the thing together, just in
    time for a storm and the dog to tear it down.
    We were also had considered the duct tape.

Comment by stacyrf69 — Fri, 16 Apr 2004 @ 01:49 pm

12. I have lost the directions for putting up the 12′ x 14′ Ozark Trail Screen House. Can you please send them to me? THANKS!

Comment by Sally — Sun, 09 May 2004 @ 08:03 am

13. Just call the company at 1-800-775-1965 and they will e-mail a set of instructions to you or either fax them. They were very nice and I had my instructions within 10 minutes!!!

Comment by Paula — Mon, 10 May 2004 @ 01:54 pm

14. well, i can see i’m not the only one who has enjoyed this little treasure. but i have really enjoyed it. i to lost my insructions. thanks for the phone #. i didn’t tie mine down and had a small hurricane go through and the poles bent on some of the legs. got replacements but the wrong size.( oh i had to pay $2.00 per piece)they sent me the right ones. i used it all summer and then got the bright idea of using the frame for a greenhouse for the winter. in the winter winds it started taking off like a hot air balloon. got it down and put it away then realized the instructions were in it and now they’re gone. my husband says he can put it up but the way he started out originally (claimed all the pieces weren’t there and was going to jerryrig) made me decide to try the company again. enjoyed your comments.

Comment by judi — Tue, 18 May 2004 @ 06:05 am

15. i hope there is a pic of the instructions i called the number and recieved the instructions in pdf format. i will try to post the pic here

Comment by Anonymous — Tue, 18 May 2004 @ 02:39 pm

16. the directions to my 13ft x 10ft screen hous got wet last year and i would like to put it up this year gould you please send me the directions so i can thank terry

Comment by terry — Wed, 19 May 2004 @ 12:18 pm

17. Thank you for posting the picture of the instructions. It really helped me out. Jim

Comment by Jim Clary — Sun, 23 May 2004 @ 02:32 pm

18. Would someone please e-mail the instructions on how to assemble this stupid thing. Please.

Comment by Michael Wells — Sat, 29 May 2004 @ 04:15 pm

19. can you send me the instructions for the ozark trail 13×10 screenhouse? they blew away in the wind last year and I don’t remember how to set it up. Thanks

Comment by Mike Piazza — Fri, 04 Jun 2004 @ 12:59 pm

20. I need instructions for 14×12 ozark screen house. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!I already used duct tape but cannot quite get the center part together.

thanks

Comment by kendall — Fri, 04 Jun 2004 @ 11:41 pm

21. I lost my insturctions for my 13 by 9 foot screen house could some one please e mail me the instuctions.

Comment by Justink — Sat, 05 Jun 2004 @ 12:29 pm

22. does anyone have the instructions for the ozark trail screen house 13 x 10 size? I have been waiting for a reply from people and no one sends them to me and im leaving on a trip in one day.

Thanks again

Comment by Mike — Wed, 09 Jun 2004 @ 07:21 am

23. I need the instructions for the 13×10 Ozark Trail screen house. I am going camping this weekend

Comment by Rachel — Wed, 09 Jun 2004 @ 09:49 am

24. Hey,

This is my third request for the OZARK TRAIL 13X10 SCREEN HOUSE INSTRUCTIONS. Will someone please send me them as I am leaving tomorrow night 10 June 2004.
    Thats the 13×10 foot ozark trail screen house. I am pleading with everyone.

Thanks

Comment by Mike — Wed, 09 Jun 2004 @ 06:11 pm

25. Please if anyone has instructions would they please send them to my email address. Thanks very much. Stacy Miller

Comment by Stacy Miller — Thu, 10 Jun 2004 @ 10:39 am

26. I lost the instructions for my 13 x 10 screen house. Can you Please send them to me a.s.a.p.

Comment by Renee Overton — Fri, 11 Jun 2004 @ 11:57 am

27. Thanks go out to cyberhobo for the instruction pic!! I got my screen house home and “bingo” no instructions at all!

Comment by John — Sat, 12 Jun 2004 @ 03:24 pm

28. Can you send me the instructions for a 13 x 10 screen house?

Thanks

Comment by Elaine — Tue, 22 Jun 2004 @ 06:18 am

29. I need the instructions to the 13 X 10 screen house, I haven’t been able to find them since the last time I used it. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Thanks

Comment by Amanda — Tue, 29 Jun 2004 @ 08:46 am

30. I have the pic of the instructions but not sure they will work.

Do you have any other copies of the instructions?

Thank you!

Comment by Diane Orr — Tue, 29 Jun 2004 @ 02:17 pm

31. Could someone email me the instructions for the 9×13 screen house
    Thanks, Don

Comment by Don — Sun, 11 Jul 2004 @ 01:58 pm

32. I also need instructions for the 13×9 screen house. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Comment by Erin — Sun, 01 Aug 2004 @ 07:08 am

33. I also lost my instruction to my ozark screen house tent 13′x9′. Can i get a copy somewhere

Comment by yolanda — Sat, 14 Aug 2004 @ 06:35 pm

34. I need instructions for the Ozark Trail 13×9 screen house. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Comment by Phillip — Fri, 27 Aug 2004 @ 09:02 am

35. I need instructions to the 13×9 screen house from Ozark Trail!!!!!

Comment by Kristy — Fri, 17 Sep 2004 @ 02:20 pm

36. DuH!

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL THE MANUFACTURER! I LOST MINE AND CALLED. I HAD AN ORIGINAL REPLACEMENT IN MY MAIL BOX WITHIN 3 DAYS.

1-800-775-1965
    North Pole
    USA Customer Service
    3333 Yale Way
    Fremont, California 94538-6169.

All I had to do was search Wal-Mart’s web site.

Hope this helps.

Cya

Gen.WhoopAss

Comment by Gen.WhoopAss (I'm a gamer) — Fri, 24 Sep 2004 @ 11:51 am

37. I have the instructions to the 13×10 ozark trail screen room available in a .pdf file. Email me at DanaBugDees@hotmail.com and put Ozark Trail in the subject heading and I would be happy to email them to you!

Comment by Dana Dees — Tue, 28 Sep 2004 @ 01:47 pm

38. Just got the instructions emailed to me. Tks for putting that phone number up.
    I find this to be quite an interesting social phenom. Here we are hapless victims of the follies of camping. No doubt most of us are novices, which makes it that much more interesting. Billions of us on the net looking for stupid instructions to a product, that most of us seem to be not all that impressed with, yet here we are trying the best we
    can to save some money by not having to buy a new tent, save us from frustration and loss of of control in front of our kids, and to save just a bit of our sanity. Sanity which we hold precious and dear to us as the rat race tries to steal it from us on a day to day basis. This fall, I plan to enjoy myself with my family, and I also plan to rest easy with
    peace of mind knowing that all I need is a good cup of java in one hand as take in the morning mountain air….and in the other hand. Good reading material….my Ozark
    screenhouse intructions.
    Happy camping Y’all!

Comment by Patrick — Tue, 05 Oct 2004 @ 12:33 pm

39. I need instructions for the Ozark Trail 13×9 screen house. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Comment by Javier — Wed, 22 Dec 2004 @ 12:39 pm

40. Thanks from the Midlands of South Carolina

Comment by Pertybrwniz — Wed, 03 Aug 2005 @ 05:18 pm

41. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have lost my instructions to my 9/13. My husband and I have been trying for the last 2 hours to get this stupid thing together. If I don’t get them soon one of us is going to burn the stupid thing.

Comment by lisa — Sun, 04 Sep 2005 @ 10:29 am

42. We bought this same screen room at Walmart about 3 yrs ago, & over time the instructions have gotten wet, ripped, etc… I have a hard time putting things together w/out instructions. I printed off the picture you have posted, but it’s kinda dark. Can you e-mail me a better set? I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks so much!

Comment by Denise — Wed, 26 Oct 2005 @ 03:10 pm

43. I need instructions for the ozark trail screen house. Have not even attemted once I saw all those poles. Please help asap.

Comment by Chris — Sat, 25 Mar 2006 @ 05:22 pm

44. I need instructions for the ozark trail screen house. Have not even attemted once I saw all those poles. Please help asap.13×10

Comment by Chris — Sat, 25 Mar 2006 @ 05:26 pm

45. I’m so glad i found your site…We were setting up for a party in our back yard..got out the screen house…hmmm…no instructions..We had to do the best we could to get the thing together.We got it up but man it was a mess.It looked more like a screen shanty than anything else..Thanks again for putting your instruction on the web.Hope you help out a lot more people…

Comment by Ronnie — Sun, 07 May 2006 @ 01:18 pm

46. I need instructions for an Ozark Trail screen house 13 X 9 WMT 1390S. I have lost mine and can’t figure it out.

Comment by Mary — Sun, 14 May 2006 @ 04:02 pm

47. Somehow I have two of these. I have figured it out before – at the campsite – without instructions. It took five minutes to set up and two hours to figure out how to set it up. Thanks for the instructions from Tacoma, WA

Comment by John Kelly — Thu, 18 May 2006 @ 11:26 pm

48. please e-mailme the complete instructions. friends are at the campsite as we speak. Thank you so much Karen

Comment by karen — Sat, 20 May 2006 @ 08:36 am

49. Isnt the internet wonderful – thks for your help.

Comment by Gary Bittentodeathsoneedscreen — Sun, 28 May 2006 @ 11:38 am

50. i need help i have a 13×10 ozark trail screenhouse and can’t find the directions!! i need to have them by tomorrow can anyone help!! my email is increasechamps@aol.com

Comment by tammy — Sun, 02 Jul 2006 @ 06:35 pm

51. i have them thanks to cyberhobo now we have all the pole marked with fingernail polish!!

Comment by tammy — Mon, 03 Jul 2006 @ 06:54 am

52. Thanks!!! We also lost the instructions…its is the hardest screenhouse to figure out!!

Son is going to a concert and is very happy you posted the instructions!!!

Comment by me — Thu, 13 Jul 2006 @ 12:38 pm

53. thank you thank you thank you !!!! I kept the manual and it’s now stuck together as one piece

Comment by some chick — Fri, 14 Jul 2006 @ 09:48 am

54. Um, if someone has a file that can be emailed then why can’t it be posted on this site for download?
    Thanks for the picture though, a lot more useful than nothing. Shame I don’t have time right now to call up the company.

Comment by Blackfly — Wed, 19 Jul 2006 @ 12:20 pm

55. thank you, so much for sending me the directions for this darn tent. you all were very, very, helpful.

Comment by michelle hillsman — Fri, 21 Jul 2006 @ 08:10 am

56. Thank you cyberhobo, just helped us out in Eclectic, AL.

Comment by Della Galvin — Fri, 01 Sep 2006 @ 03:05 pm

57. hey
    call 1-800-775-1965
    model number is WMT-1390S-1
    they will email u the instructions.. got them is less than 2 minutes… it took 6 people and over 2 hrs to put this thing up last night.. at the end we didn’t care if it was right as long as it stood! for the 13X10 tent.

Comment by laura razo — Thu, 26 Oct 2006 @ 10:10 am

58. really enjoyed my 14×12 after i shocked corded the poles together. after only two uses i set up in my yard to clean and left overnight not staked down. strong wind destroyed it. perfect size and shape for what i want it for. any of you out there wanting to sell yours please let me know. flipper_bs@yahoo.com subject-ozarkscreentent
    thanks

Comment by brent — Wed, 21 Feb 2007 @ 12:20 am

59. i need instructions on how to put the screen house together

Comment by willie phillips — Mon, 23 Apr 2007 @ 02:40 pm

60. I would like to thank laura razo for putting the phone number in her message. I was able to call them and get the directions for the 10 x 13 screen tent.

Comment by Linda — Wed, 09 May 2007 @ 02:10 pm

61. I have an Ozark Trail ScreenHouse 12X12. I can’t seem to figure out what needs to be done to get this thing up. I have all the poles and know where they go. Do the stakes go in 1st then the inside poles for the center(roof) and then the outer ones for the frame?

Comment by Eva — Sat, 12 May 2007 @ 10:26 pm

62. Hi I have an Ozark Trail Screen House 13×10 I need instructions. I called the 1800 for the manufacturer and I need a WMP number wondering if anyone can give me the Serial number since I dont have it with me. Or instructions would be great. My email is fallenangeljs@yahoo.com

Thanks

Comment by Jenny — Wed, 30 May 2007 @ 11:42 am

63. 1

Comment by Anonymous — Wed, 30 May 2007 @ 12:19 pm

64. Hi I was wondering if anyone had instruction for a ozark trail 14×12 screen house that they could email me or if anyone knows where I could down load them.I need Them before Thursday.If anyone can help me out please let me know.Thank you

Comment by kanga_1012 — Mon, 04 Jun 2007 @ 06:53 am

65. If anyone can e-m,ail me the instructions for 10×14 screen room i would appreciate it
    Thanks
    sue

Comment by Sue — Mon, 04 Jun 2007 @ 02:32 pm

66. If anyone can e-mail me the instructions for an ozark trail 2 room dome tent 14′ x 9′; 6-person I would greatly appreciate it. I’m camping this weekend.

Thanks
    Kendra

Comment by Kendra — Fri, 08 Jun 2007 @ 11:05 am

67. I’VE GOT A OZARK SCREEN TENT THAT CAME WITH A LARGE POLE SET UP FOR ONE SIDE I NEED TO BUY ONE.

HELP

RICHARD

Comment by richard ferguson — Sun, 10 Jun 2007 @ 05:43 pm

68. I have a 10×13 screen house and am in need of assembly instructions could someone please email them to me, loadrunnerfr8@yahoo.com.

Comment by angel — Thu, 14 Jun 2007 @ 01:42 pm

69. I need the instructions to the 10 by 13 screen tent. If someone could email them to me at dlhop2001@yahoo.com it would be most helpful. Thank you.

Comment by Dionne — Thu, 21 Jun 2007 @ 05:35 pm

70. My in-laws would really appreciate a copy of the instructions to the Ozark Trail 13 by 10 Screen house tent. Could you please send it to lscott006@hot.rr.com? Thanks!

Comment by Lisa — Fri, 22 Jun 2007 @ 07:21 pm

71. i also have lost my instructions to the 1390s and been trying to put it up I’m Lost if someone could help please send it to momleh67@hotmail.com thank you

Comment by momleh — Sat, 30 Jun 2007 @ 06:33 pm

72. Can u Please send me the instructions? Thank you! Very hard to read the one you have.

Comment by Anonymous — Sun, 01 Jul 2007 @ 12:17 pm

73. I need assembly instructions for the 11′x8′ozark trail dining canopy if anyone has them would you please scan them and send them to my e-mail address. Thank you in advance for your help. Bert

Comment by Bert Palmer — Fri, 06 Jul 2007 @ 02:24 pm

74. I need instructions for the Ozark Trail 13′x10′ please email bluexeyedxbrat33@aol.com

Comment by jaid — Fri, 06 Jul 2007 @ 03:36 pm

75. Yep, me to. Need instructions for 13′X10′ Ozark Trail Screen Tent. Please e-mail to dmcmaken@hotmail.com Thx.

Comment by dmcmaken — Fri, 27 Jul 2007 @ 05:50 am

76. I too need the instructions for the 13′x10′ Ozark Trail screen house if somebody can help me out. Thank you~

Comment by Beercan — Sat, 28 Jul 2007 @ 12:46 pm

77. Oops…my email is MDwyer23@msn.com

Thanks – Beercan

Comment by Beercan — Sat, 28 Jul 2007 @ 12:47 pm

78. We bought a 9X6 4 person tent, and it seems that we have not assembled it correctly. The one red pole bows out once the black small pole is assembled. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, how did you correct it. Thanks

Julie C.

Comment by Julie Crittenden — Sun, 05 Aug 2007 @ 04:01 pm

79. I can’t believe people are STILL asking for the instructions, when all they have to do is call the number to get a PDF sent to their inbox. Seriously, I called just now and within 45 seconds it was in my email inbox. That quick guys… whew.

I may just publish them on my own website and put up a link here, since this is the ONLY site that comes up in a Google search.

Good luck!

Comment by smartypants — Fri, 10 Aug 2007 @ 11:07 am

80. I also need instructions on a 13×10 screen house. Will someone please send me some. Thanks

Comment by Robert Brown — Tue, 14 Aug 2007 @ 02:26 pm

81. After I submitted that comment I called North Poll and after waiting about 16 minutes I talked to a repersentitive whitch was very helpful and I had my instructions in my e-mail box in about a minute. Very good. Thanks for number.

Comment by Robert Brown — Tue, 14 Aug 2007 @ 03:37 pm

82. Call 1-800-775-1965 and they will send you directions. They are open 7-5 central time and they take lunch from 11-12. Good Luck Everyone!

Comment by Anonymous — Tue, 14 Aug 2007 @ 04:39 pm

83. Hi, Please Help!!! I need the manual for Ozark Trail, 14 X 12 Screen House. They don’t make these anymore so I cannot get it from the company. However, I found a site that will custom make the poles that bent, but I need the Model Numbers ect….. I love this screen tent. Its a pain to put up and I have had to color code the poles myself, but once it is up we call it the Tashmahall!! (spelling wrong, im sure)

thanks in advance,
    glensgardengirl@msn.com

Comment by mary — Tue, 21 Aug 2007 @ 09:41 am

84. Thank you for the service number to order a screen house #1309S manual.

Comment by comment by Aonymous — Sun, 26 Aug 2007 @ 06:09 pm

85. I’d like to give a big cyber thanks to cyberhobo for posting the pictuire of the instructions, mine were lost somewhere on Henry’s Beach in Santa Barbara, CA, I’m getting ready to go on a week vacation to Yosemite, and we notice we had fogotten how it went together. This helps BIG TIME thanks
    Big Mike in Bako, SoCal

Comment by Big Mike — Sat, 01 Sep 2007 @ 08:19 pm

86. Is there anyone who would like to sell their 14 X 12 Ozark Trail Screen house??? Please eeeeee me at glensgardengirl@msn.com. Thanks

Comment by mary — Mon, 10 Sep 2007 @ 10:52 am

87. I just received a pdf copy of the the 13×10 Ozark Trail Screen House from the distributor at consumer@northpoleusa.com. It took awhile for me to get so if you need the instructions immediately you can email me at rdepalma@egs-group.com.

Comment by R DePalma — Wed, 12 Sep 2007 @ 09:13 am

88. Help! I need instructions for my 13X10 Screen House from Ozark Trail. You can e-mail it to me at jeseniasantos@yahoo.com

Comment by J. Santos — Sat, 15 Sep 2007 @ 10:31 am

89. I am glad I am not the only one who loses things. Thanks for having this website available.

Comment by louise — Sat, 22 Sep 2007 @ 08:14 pm

90. Thank you so much for having the instructions here. I got one of these at a yard sale, but the instructions had apparently gotten wet and were now a little grey mass. I already know that one of the bottom leg sections is missing, but I can easily replace it from the tubing from an old canopy. Now I can figure out whether another part is missing or not.

Comment by John Missing — Tue, 19 Feb 2008 @ 02:50 pm

91. Me & My husband won ours @ one of the few events that we go to. I have been having it now for about fours years. When we first got it I took it out to use it for my Husbands 50th birthday and found out there were no instructions. So I called Academy “at the time that is where it was purchased from” they had no instructions for it either. I searched on the internet an could not find them either. I gave up till now, low and behold the first thing that pop up when I entered my search was this sight. Thank You so!!!!!!!!!!! much. You are a blessing in disguise. Oh! by the way we are from Broussard, Louisiana.

Comment by Theresa Smith — Mon, 17 Mar 2008 @ 03:23 pm

92. Oh! by the way. I will be saving these on a disc, so if anyone needs a copy you can Email me @ tsmith169@bellsouth.net Thanks Again

Comment by Theresa Smith — Mon, 17 Mar 2008 @ 03:39 pm

93. Thank you so much!! So many rainy SCA events spent puttering with these damn tubes is at an end hooray!

Comment by Rachael — Wed, 23 Apr 2008 @ 01:05 am

94. I have to laugh when I see how long this blog has been going on. It’s amazing how many people have had a need for this! I too thank you for providing the instructions on-line. We are going camping in the rain tonight and would have been lost without the instructions (tried to put it up once without the instructions – 1 1/2 hour project)

Comment by Marissa Pepper — Fri, 25 Apr 2008 @ 03:58 pm

95. Thank you sooooo much for the instructions! I searched the web for hours last year and could not find the instructions anywhere. Your help came just in time for the summer! THANK YOU!

Comment by William — Sun, 27 Apr 2008 @ 10:01 am

96. i am getting this pop style gazebo square in size, 11.8 by 11.8 . and i need a model number for it. It is coming from ebay and i need to know the model number so i can find out set up for it and what type of materialit is so i can use it for camping when it is raining

Comment by marie — Tue, 20 May 2008 @ 11:08 am

97. Does anyone have instructions/manual for the Ozark Trail 17×11 Dome Tent? Or can I possibly get them from Walmart? I need them like yesterday…

Comment by gadfly — Thu, 29 May 2008 @ 05:34 pm

98. Well, might as well chime in. I was just given a 13 x 10 screenhouse with no instructs. Thanks so much for posting them! And I’ll keep duct tape in mind as I try to put it together today.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable summer of 2008.

Comment by Galley_Queen — Sat, 14 Jun 2008 @ 09:30 am

99. Mr. Cyberhobo – congrats on your 100th comment on your Most Popular Post!!! Mrs. Cyberhobo

Comment by Mrs. Cyberhobo — Sun, 15 Jun 2008 @ 07:06 pm

100. Bless you, bless you! We’ve had our tent for a couple of years (actually 3 years), it was a pain to put up the first time, the tubes kept coming apart while we were setting it up. We did eventually get it put together. Then just didn’t use the darn thing because it was such a pain. Well recently I decided to give it another go, with duct tape in hand to tape all the tubes together and found that the instructions were gone. Thank you very much for posting them. Wish me luck on the second attempt to actually get some use out of it.

Comment by Kim — Mon, 16 Jun 2008 @ 04:12 pm

101. Just wanted to say “thanks” for the instructions. The screen house actually belongs to my cousin and her husband. We just came back from a wonderful trip from Florida and we managed to get the contraption erected without instructions (they were left on the piano at home) in a terrible down pour of thunder, lightning and rain. Not too smart, ehh? Needless to say it wasn’t exactly like the instructions direct you to put it up, but it stayed up for the week we were there. We too were tempted to use duct tape but couldn’t find it in the storm. Since that was my cousins second attempt to put it up without instructions, they lovingly sent the thing home with me. So, thank you soooo much for the instructions. I will be laminating them and duct taping them to the bag:)

Comment by Beth Carpenter — Sat, 21 Jun 2008 @ 01:52 pm

102. I need the instructions for a 15 x 13 can any one help me and does the company still have the same phone number?

Comment by Cat Jackson — Sun, 29 Jun 2008 @ 01:14 pm

103. If anyone has the instructions for the 12 by 14 screened in canopy I would appreciate if you could email them to me. Thankyou. My email is lstclair64@yahoo.com

Comment by Laurie — Sun, 29 Jun 2008 @ 06:40 pm

104. Thanks so much for the instructions!! Life Saver!

Comment by Glen — Fri, 04 Jul 2008 @ 10:12 am

105. Thanks for this site. It has come in handy since my mother could not remember where she put the directions. We have been outside most of the day trying to figure out how to put it together so they have it for their trip. Mom was getting frustrated so I told her I was going to see if I could get some information on the internet. I am very greatful that you have this site because it will make my daughter and me life a lot easier without my mother hollering.

Comment by gina — Sat, 05 Jul 2008 @ 01:45 pm

106. searching all over the house, the shed and even my truck. I had forgotten mine outside the night i put it up and it rained. Then a week or so l8er another storm came and 1/2 of it was in the neighbors yard. I remade the poles i couldn’t fix but never put it back up. The wife was gonna buy another last weekend when i told her we still had this one. so here i am… pieces everywhere and no instructions. I looked like a monkey f-ing a football.

I found this site 5 minutes into my search (55 minutes faster than i realized i had to have them)
    Thanks for posting them… Funny- It just started storming again. Full circle I guess.

Thanks again!

Comment by RayL — Sat, 05 Jul 2008 @ 07:37 pm

107. I would appreciate it if I could get directions for 10×13 screen house please e-mail. Thanks

Comment by RI — Sat, 02 Aug 2008 @ 05:25 pm

108. need instructions for 10×13 screen house model #1390s please email to me

Comment by bfolmer — Sun, 10 Aug 2008 @ 05:18 pm

109. THANKS WE LOST THE PAPER THE FIRST TIME WE USED THE THING AND WE HAD THE SAME LUCK YOU DID AND DUCT TAPE IS THE O N L Y !! WAY TO GO… WITHOUT THIS WE COULD NOT GET THE THING UP AGAIN..
    THANKS

Comment by T BOWMAN — Mon, 11 Aug 2008 @ 01:06 pm

110. Ages ago I wrote the assemblies (2-2B-2B-2B, 1B-1B-4, 1B-1, etc…) on the plastic junction parts so I could lose the instructions (which I eventually did). Now, because of bendage, I had to hunt the PDF and instructions down here to figure out how to order new parts.

Thank you.

Comment by Dave — Mon, 11 Aug 2008 @ 09:38 pm

111. Well well, I just bought a 10×13 Ozark Trail ScreenHouse and I hadn’t unpacked it before I thought I’d better check it out on the internet. Whose website came up first? My own son’s! With 112 comments (I am #113). I think after this entertaining read that I will return the thing without taking it out of the box. THANK YOU!

Comment by Mom — Sun, 28 Dec 2008 @ 08:04 pm

112. Wow, this post has always been an odd phenomenon, but I think this officially launches it into the twilight zone!

Comment by cyberhobo — Sun, 28 Dec 2008 @ 10:51 pm

113. Well, another big thanks from a fellow camper who can’t find her directions to assemble the tent. We have not used it in several years, but just bought a used pop-up and I needed it as a kitchen again. Dumped out the poles and the whole family proceeded to stare at one another and someone sort of remembered it was tall when it was up. Eep. You saved our whole afternoon!

Comment by Esther — Sun, 22 Mar 2009 @ 03:11 pm

114. Lost a part to the screenhouse (wmt-1390s-1) Called the company, no longer carry that model and they do not have a comparable piece for what I need. If someone knows a website where I can order this part. Part GBLT-03(3-way hub Gable T)

Comment by Nikki — Thu, 09 Apr 2009 @ 01:53 pm

115. Wow, this was hilarious reading! I bought this product in 2004 ??? to set up my massage chair at a skydive event. After about 30 minutes of getting one part together and another part falling apart and feeling very stupid with the other vendors observing now and then, another lady came over and gave me an assist. It definitely was a two-person job for me. In 2005, I gave it to my daughter and son-in-law, who promptly lost the instructions. Fast forward to 2009. I have retrieved the piled-up mess beside their garage, its having never been used since my son-in-law disgustedly gave up on it on a camping trip. It is full of bugs and dirt and now is sitting on the front lawn as I determine whether or not all parts are there… seem to be missing several… no number 3s??? and I am laughing, because apparently it is all there and here I go. I will report back! lol Then again… the fabric would make great hanging planters… hee, hee.

Comment by Natalie — Mon, 27 Apr 2009 @ 06:26 pm

116. Glad to entertain – I would accept massage in thanks if there is ever such a skydiving event near Santa Fe. Good luck!

Comment by cyberhobo — Mon, 27 Apr 2009 @ 06:55 pm

117. Darn. No hanging planters today. All the pole pieces are there. Zippers do not work well. They didn’t when it was new. I am going to draw a diagram on the pole case, roll this thing up and it will go into my daughter’s moving sale. It only needs support lines and tent stakes.

Comment by Natalie — Mon, 27 Apr 2009 @ 10:31 pm

118. Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement poles for the Ozark Trail Dining Canopy 11FT x 8FT. I need (1) 2b and (1) #1 (these are gable poles) Thanks

Comment by Sandy — Mon, 01 Jun 2009 @ 05:04 pm

119. I am also in need of part#GBLT-03 Gable T. We have used this tent for many years and a bad wind storm finally took it down on a camping trip but all that was damaged was the 3 way hub. Don’t want to trash it just because of this one piece. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Comment by Tammy — Fri, 05 Jun 2009 @ 12:04 pm

120. ok I got the tent, 13×9 WMT-1390s but have lost all the frame pieces. Anyone else done this and what did you do?

Comment by dan d — Sat, 13 Jun 2009 @ 05:49 pm

121. Need directions for 10×13 screen house.
    Model 1390S.
    Thanks.

Comment by Gigi — Fri, 19 Jun 2009 @ 12:52 pm

122. I have enjoyed reading this. We have had 2 13x10s for about 6 years. Instructions helped us the first year. After that, we were on our own. Since last use, we lost an entire set of poles. I was browsing to buy replacement poles when I ran across cyberhobo. I needed the amusment. Thanks so much, and yes, it can be put up without istructions, just not poles. The tie-downs are important in windy or rainy environments.

Comment by zoo mom — Sun, 28 Jun 2009 @ 11:23 am

123. These instructions are a life saver. We are trying to put up a borrowed tent for the 4th of July and this really saved the day.

Comment by Alabama girl — Sat, 04 Jul 2009 @ 06:56 am

124. if any one has the instructions to the ozark 13×9 screen house would you please email them to me? I bought it used and of course no instructions

Comment by jean english — Wed, 08 Jul 2009 @ 06:41 pm

125. Anyone know how many #3 poles and #2 poles the 14′x12′ screen house is supposed to have? I am waiting for the instructions from the company and after taking inventory (bought it second hand) am finding only two #2 poles and two #3 poles. Seemed odd and I am wondering if I should be looking for some replacements while waiting for instructions. Let me know…

Comment by NancyL — Sun, 26 Jul 2009 @ 10:37 pm

126. http://www.cyberhobo.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/wmt-1390s-inst_03.pdf for manual

Comment by alice — Fri, 31 Jul 2009 @ 04:52 pm

127. This is very humorous.

Comment by Tabbi — Tue, 04 Aug 2009 @ 04:13 pm

128. Laughing, but at myself as well. My wife decided this would be a good purchase, without asking me. It has somehow stood us in good stead through a homecoming (from Iraq) party and a going away (Afghanistan) party and tomorrow (we hope) will shade a yard sale. Thanks for the instructions, and yes, it’s wobbly, cheap and cr@ppy as all heck. Peace all!

Comment by Steve — Fri, 07 Aug 2009 @ 08:29 pm

129. Help, I have the instructions but need some replacement parts–the plastic PVC connectors bent during a very rough rain storm and I am having trouble finding where I can get more.

Comment by Connie — Fri, 28 Aug 2009 @ 03:39 pm

130. I need instructions for a 13 X 10 Ozark Trails screen room.
    Can anyone help me?

Comment by Gary Tallacksen — Sun, 30 Aug 2009 @ 02:38 pm

131. Help, I have the 10.5 x 10.5 screenhouse. Bought it new in 1999 and have had no problems with it till now. Use it many times for fire department fund raiser functions. Recently a child tripped over a nearby tree root and fell into screenhouse which bent leg pole at the folding joint. I called the company but they do not carry parts after 5 years. Does anybody have a chain corded leg pole (blue) they’d be willing to sell me or info on how to repair leg? It is the model #2087 Ozark Trail 10.5 x 10.5 Screenhouse. Thanks for any help anyone can offer me.

Comment by Konnie — Thu, 03 Sep 2009 @ 09:32 am

132. Does anyone have instructions for the Ozark 14 x 12 tent with screenroom. Please e-mail — would be so grateful as customer service center is closed for holiday weekend. Thanks

Comment by linda — Mon, 07 Sep 2009 @ 09:43 am

133. Does anyone have instructions for the Ozark 14 x 12 tent with screenroom. Please e-mail — would be so grateful as customer service center is closed for holiday weekend. Thanks

Comment by Terry — Sat, 31 Oct 2009 @ 08:30 am

134. I have 2 queen size air beds. I misplaced the caps for them. where do I get replacements?

Comment by joel — Sun, 08 Nov 2009 @ 02:54 pm

135. I am needing the instructions for the Ozark Trail 13X9 screen house. I tried calling the 800 number but they are only Mon – Fri. If anyone has these could you please email them to jandafuller4@att.net. Thanks.

Comment by Amber — Sat, 13 Mar 2010 @ 03:55 pm

136. I called the North Pole yesterday for instructions for the 14×12 Ozark Trail Screen House. Unfortunately, as everyone else knows, and I just found out, they are not open on weekends. If anyone would be so kind, I would appreciate it if you would e-mail them to me…. Thank you in advance. malawest@verizon.net

Comment by Mal — Sat, 20 Mar 2010 @ 08:16 am

137. There’s a center part? ??? I almost strangled my best friend in frustration when we couldn’t get that stupid tent up. Had to drape it over the clothesline. a slight wind came along and half of the poles popped out and we got hit by flying pieces. we gave up, but I mentioned it on facebook, and my fave librarian (thanks E)sent this link.
    I’m laughing so hard, I had to hold it. what a piece of junk. thank goodness I only wasted $20.

Comment by Diane — Mon, 22 Mar 2010 @ 12:23 pm

138. ooops forgot to say . Gainesville FL

Comment by Diane — Mon, 22 Mar 2010 @ 12:27 pm

139. I want to buy an Ozark Trail 14 X 12 Screen House from anyone who has one with the original box. I need this for evidence in a trial so I will compensate you generously for it. The box is very important. gmccue@mindspring.com

Comment by Teddy — Tue, 20 Apr 2010 @ 04:06 pm

140. thanx so much for posting the directions for the 13′ by 10′ screen house…your a life saver…;)

Comment by Matt — Fri, 07 May 2010 @ 12:18 pm

141. If anyone has the instructions for the Ozark 12X14 screen house could you please e-mail them to me. craftypeggy5407@aol.com
    Peggy

Comment by Peggy — Sat, 15 May 2010 @ 07:51 am

142. Help, I have the 10.5 x 10.5 screenhouse. Bought it new in 1999 and have had no problems with it till now. Use it many times for fire department fund raiser functions. Recently a child tripped over a nearby tree root and fell into screenhouse which bent leg pole at the folding joint. I called the company but they do not carry parts after 5 years. Does anybody have a chain corded leg pole (blue) they’d be willing to sell me or info on how to repair leg? It is the model #2087 Ozark Trail 10.5 x 10.5 Screenhouse. If you have a pole I could purchase please email me at fp46203@yahoo.com. Thanks for any help anyone can offer me.

Comment by Konnie — Sat, 15 May 2010 @ 09:09 am

143. i am in need of instructions to a 13 by 10 ozark trail screen house if anyone could e-mail them to me asap please at meyermomof2@yahoo.com

Comment by corie meyer — Fri, 28 May 2010 @ 11:53 am

144. I tried calling the number and they are experiencing a high volume of calls, probably because they are ready to bolt for the weekend. With all of the requests on here, you would think that some pdf files would have been added by now so that we could open up the manuals already. As everyone else states, in need of instructions, mine is the Ozark Trail 14 x 12 screen tent, just like about another 50 people already. If anybody has a copy reply to this or submit comment and let me know if we need to exchange contact information. Thanks for your help, Kelly

Comment by Kelly — Fri, 28 May 2010 @ 04:48 pm

145. Any instructions sent to my email I will post here.

Comment by cyberhobo — Fri, 28 May 2010 @ 09:00 pm

146. Ok, I figured out the 14 x 12 Ozark Trail Screen Tent and after I get a pen and paper and transpose the information to some paper or a piece of leather to reside in my tent bag I will send the information to you, maybe some of the others can do the same, it seems like there are a lot of duplicate entries out there and maybe this will resolve the bulk of them. :-) It wasn’t too hard to figure out, I started from the center and setup the Cross “X” section, then it was a matter of trying to figure out the rectangle sides, using a tape measure I tried to figure out which or how many B2′s and a 2 or how many B2′s and a 3 would create the correct lengths for each side. Before I tear it down I am going to take a permanent marker to everything and make sure it is easier next time. For example I will label each corner piece A, B, C, and D and then tell which pieces to install between the corners. I might even label the corners on my screen tent if I feel like getting carried away to make sure we don’t have to rotate the stupid tent about the frame next time. LOL

Comment by Kelly — Fri, 28 May 2010 @ 11:03 pm

147. I have the Ozark 10×13 and The instruction were not included. Also I was missing a pipe and had to return it.The second one was missing instructions as well.

Here is how I got it togeter. First look at your connecting brackets. The brackets marked “T” are the center crossbeam. The “L” are the second and the “R” is the third crossbeam. The “2″ and “2B” pipes make the cross beams. The “B” pipes have the tapered end. You have three total crossbeams each made of three “2B” and one “2″ pipes. I setup the top frame of the house with a single “1B” pipe going down to start. Check that the pipe going down is not angled out rather it is going nearly straight down when you account for the upward angle connecting your center beam. When you look down on the “L” and “R” brackets they should be a 90 degree angle. So the top frame will be square. Your “L” and “R” crossbeams are connected to the “T” crossbeam by a “1B” and “1″ pipe. There should be no tapered end entering any bracket. Once you connect your three crossbeams you should see the shape coming together. Next drape the fabric over the short frame loosely. Now add a second “1B” and then a “4″ to each leg. The “4″is on the bottom as it has the spike to keep the leg in place. The spike should go through the metal loop in the bottom corner of the fabric. Pull the hook on the fabric down to a hole on the “4″ pipe until the fabric is tight. Connect a “5″ and “5B” pipe and snap it onto an outside crossbeam and the center crossbeam on each side in the center of the house. Then velcro and spike it down and add the grouding ropes to the metal loops on the outside corners. These will keep your lower edge closer to the ground. That should be it.

I brought a sharpy and made a unique mark on each set of pipes where they connect and I placed an arrow on each bracket pointing down to make the process quicker the next time the screen house is needed.

Comment by Michal — Sat, 29 May 2010 @ 12:18 pm

148. Lifesaver–candies with a hole in the middle.
    Wifesaver–CYBERHOBO! Thanks, you’ve saved the day, if not the marriage!!! Just joking about the marriage.

Comment by Anonymous — Sun, 06 Jun 2010 @ 10:33 am

149. I’ve always told people that if you can put up a tent (much less a screenhouse) together, you can probably handle marriage…

Comment by cyberhobo — Sun, 06 Jun 2010 @ 01:57 pm

150. 14 x 12 Ozark Trail Screen Tent Instructions:

Sorry I sort of forget to get back to this, only after receiving an email was I reminded that I was going to give better detailed information.

So here it is:

Starting from the center X bracket, which is located at the center top roof of your tent after final assembly, you assemble the four legs of the roof(for each leg) three (1B) pieces and one qty (B) piece which are actually the rod corners. So now you have a big “X” assembled on the ground.

Assemble your four plastic corners next at the base of your corners (piece B).

Now for the tricky part that messes everyone up:
    Connect 5 qty (piece 2B) and one qty 1 (piece 2) for each long side of your tent.

For the short sides you connect qty 4 (Piece 2B) and qty one of (piece 3) for each short side.

So now your X frame now has rectangle sides with a big “X” going through it.

I wish I had done it this way, this is how I am going to assemble the fabric next time:

paying attention to which side of the tent is long vs short, orient the fabric long side in accordance to the long side of the rectangle frame and then pull your tent fabric over top of this erected assembly and fit the corners into position as this will help hold everything together, trust me one you get the corners in alignment you have to pull the fabric down over top of the corner brackets and this is going to be a very snug fit.

But once you get everything pulled into position, you can now very easily manage this tent because the fabric will hold all of this frame work together and you can simply lift everything up to install your four legs now.

The leg consists of qty 3 (4B), ensure that the very bottom leg (next to the ground) is the one that has the holes in it for assembly of the corner hooks (you will see what I mean once you view the holes, in regards to the hook that is mounted onto the corner of the tent fabric.

Sorry I don’t have pictorial view for you, I don’t have a scanner but that should help.

Good Luck-

Comment by Kelly — Fri, 18 Jun 2010 @ 02:13 pm

151. DON’T WASTE YOUR time buying this screen room. Finally got it up…the next wind, it collapsed, breaking the first part. attached the tent to 4 concrete blocks…next wind or rain…it collapsed again. added a wooden pole to prop it up. it fell again.
    It’s been ‘up’…meaning laying flat on the ground, for 7 weeks, but I gave up. the screen and other material rotted, the tent collects water. It’s going in the trash. what a waste of money and time.

Comment by Diane — Sat, 19 Jun 2010 @ 08:04 am

152. Lost assembly instructions for my Ozark Trail 13 X 15 Polyester Hex Screen House. If anyone has instructions would you please post link here. Thanks.

Comment by Mary — Fri, 25 Jun 2010 @ 03:02 pm

153. need directions on how to set up an ozone trail screen house. 14×12. thanks

Comment by santiago — Tue, 06 Jul 2010 @ 07:06 pm

154. need directions on how to set up an ozark trail screen house. 14×12. thanks

Comment by santiago — Tue, 06 Jul 2010 @ 07:08 pm

155. The day of my daughters 4th b-day party we could not find the instructions. The first link i got on Google was this one. Thank you so much. it was so easy to find and put together.

Comment by Keli — Sat, 17 Jul 2010 @ 07:59 am

156. I need to order the pole set. I’ve misplaced them. thanks.

Comment by Nena Hines — Mon, 19 Jul 2010 @ 03:56 pm

157. i very much need instuctions on how to set up the ozark trail 14 x 12 7 person porch tent some one please heip crymic27@yahoo.com

Comment by mickey wallace — Wed, 01 Sep 2010 @ 12:20 pm

158. HI ME TOO!!! LOL I have the Ozark Trail 11ft X 8ft Dining Canopy & need assembly instructions, BADLY!You have no idea how thankful we will be if anyone has these and emails them to me!
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Comment by Linda B. — Wed, 08 Sep 2010 @ 01:12 pm

159. Got my 13X10 Screen House second hand with NO instructions. Reading the comments was very entertaining.

Comment by Thom — Sat, 07 May 2011 @ 09:51 am

160. We also got our 10 x 13 screen house at a yard sale, with no instructions. A couple poles had duct tape on the ends…not a good sign. Printed out the pdf file instructions and put them in a page protector for the next time we attempt to assemble it. Thanks a lot!

Comment by Teri — Wed, 22 Jun 2011 @ 02:42 pm

161. @Kelly (Comment #150)
    Got a 14×12 on eBay. Unfortunately, we received instructions for a 13×10 (definitely not useful). Just tried to set up my 14×12 using only my “engineering brain.” I got 90% there but couldn’t get the top to stay together (while swatting ~4 mosquitos/min). Your advice on “now here’s the tricky part that messes everyone up” was just perfect! I’ll go back out tomorrow and I know I’ll get it right this time.
    Thanks! (& thank you too Cyber Hobo)

Comment by Daw — Thu, 11 Aug 2011 @ 08:29 pm

162. I paid 5 bucks for this jewel! After reading your comments and instructions, I assembled the top of the frame, draped the tent over the top, hoisted it up to the roof of my lower deck where it is destined to live and velcroed the tent top to the deck roof with commercial size bands. I added the other poles just to keep the tent from ghosting around in the wind. Keeps the bugs out and I can was the upper deck without drenching the cushions on the lower deck! A well spent 5 bucks!

Comment by Rebelee — Sat, 13 Aug 2011 @ 06:42 am

163. Oh, and I did follow the advice of the others and requested the instructions. North Pole got emailed them to me first thing the next morning! (This blog is still a better resource).

Comment by Daw — Mon, 15 Aug 2011 @ 07:28 pm

164. I have used the wmt 1390s 10×13 screenhouse often without much difficulty before about 10 years ago when we camped a lot but have since lost the instructions. I printed out the above instructions for the wmt 1390s 10×13 screenhouse and went outside to put the thing together. I have all different labeled poles!!! My poles have numbers 3,4,5,6,9,and 10′s. also I have four four way hubs and two three way hubs. I’m now trying to do this from memory with much difficulty so I thought I’d double check to see if there are other instructions(maybe an earlier model with same number).

Comment by phoebe fogg — Mon, 22 Aug 2011 @ 05:45 pm

165. Also, my poles are green- not white….I was able to make a nice 10 x 13 frame out of them but the screen will not fit over it at all!!! My screen is the one in the picture but it measures more like 10×10 instead of the 10 x13 it says on the bag…

Comment by phoebe fogg — Mon, 22 Aug 2011 @ 06:16 pm

166. Decided to go digging under the basement stairs in the camping equipment…found a bag of white poles with the right numbers 2, 2B, etc. also found another nice screen house cover. It’s dark now so tomorrow will try to put the other set of poles up with the above instructions and will try to fit the other screen house on the already constructed frame(have no directions for these either….Put up the three room cabin tent without instructions too. don’t know where all the instructions go….

Comment by phoebe fogg — Mon, 22 Aug 2011 @ 07:05 pm

167. Oh, thank you. thank you, from Middleburg, FL. I didn’t have a clue…

Comment by Cherie Cass — Thu, 15 Mar 2012 @ 10:21 am

168. PLEASE HELP!!! I’m camping out for American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life event & I can’t find my tent instructions. PLEASE HELP. Its the 14×12 Screen house. Please email me at billiejeanjones44@gmail.com

Comment by Billie Jones — Fri, 18 May 2012 @ 04:14 pm

169. I need all the other poles for my 14′ x 12′ Deluxe Screenhouse except for the legs. If someone can please email me with the cost of them asap I need them by friday.

Comment by Stephanie Davis — Sat, 19 May 2012 @ 05:08 pm

170. thanks, Mrs. Davis

Comment by Stephanie Davis — Sat, 19 May 2012 @ 05:09 pm

171. I tried for a couple of hours with my sister and no included instructions to erect this insane Escheresque puzzle. It was like the Hydra, set one piece into place and two would pop out. I can imagine how frustrated I would be if I had personally paid for it and if it weren’t the most entertaining failure in engineering and design I’ve ever come across. There was no danger of feeling shame over our inability to achieve success as the screen house was so obviously a planned exercise in letting go of expected outcomes and being in the moment amongst chaos and futility. Thank you Ozark Trail Screen House; I’ve never been more Zen.

Comment by Brit — Sun, 08 Jul 2012 @ 08:28 pm

172. @Brit, thank you for a fine contribution to these annals of screen house lament and rumination!

Comment by cyberhobo — Sun, 08 Jul 2012 @ 08:56 pm

173. @Brit.That’s a great description of the attempt that I, Brit’s Mom, witnessed. I bought the above mentioned screenhouse and it sat in it’s case untouched and stored,for 8 YEARS, after I discovered it had no instructions.This summer we attempted to put it together. The laughs we got were definitely worth the price (just wish I’d made a video!) and it will now be passed along to a young impoverished couple with the caveat to have a bunch of friends and a roll of DUCT TAPE on hand!

Comment by Julie White — Tue, 10 Jul 2012 @ 11:26 am

174. i am trying to find replacement poles for my 14x 12 screen tent and un able if anyone has information on where to find these please let me know thanks i really need by sept taking kids camping and misplaced them

Comment by sherry — Tue, 24 Jul 2012 @ 01:10 pm