If you have a blog that refers to outdoor places, my map site theoutdoormap.com has something new to offer: automatic links back to your blog posts. Take a second to consider it.
We often name outdoor places when we write. Maybe we link the name to one of a great number of web sites relevant to the place. I think we could reap many benefits by sending these links to the location pages of The Outdoor Map:
- If your link comes from a blog with an RSS feed, The Outdoor Map will scan the feed and attempt to add a link back to your post from the location page. (Here’s an example). This will create a chronological list of blog posts relevant to the location, including yours. All it takes to accomplish this is:
- Search The Outdoor Map to find the location.
- Copy the URL for the location’s detail page.
- Use the URL in your post to link the location name.
That’s it – you don’t even have to have an account at The Outdoor Map.
- I’m committed to gathering the best online resources for outdoor locations available for every location.
- If you are a member, you can add relevant links to the location detail page, and rate existing links.
That’s a brief summary. There’s more there, and I’m always working to improve it. You can help me just by using it. If something is preventing you, please tell me what it is. Thanks!